Thinking of hosting your own Business After Hours? Call the Chamber office for details (708) 479-2468.
Tips for Making the Most of Your Business After Hours.
Here are a few tips to help make your event a success:
- Timing is everything. Not only is the date and time of your event important, but also getting notification out about it. The Chamber requests at least two weeks to ensure that all the appropriate parties can be notified about your event. We prefer hosting Business After Hours events on Thursday evenings from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Reach out and share. Invite friends, family, colleagues, fellow Chamber members, nearby businesses, etc. The Mokena Chamber of Commerce staff will notify our Board of Directors, Village Trustees and the press on your behalf, but feel free to reach out to them as well. A personal invitation from the owner is always a nice touch. If you are a member of another local chamber of commerce, you can always coordinate a joint Business After Hours and invite members from both chambers to attend the event. Even consider teaming up with other Chamber Member businesses in your same building, street, or general area and host the event together!
- Use local community calendars. Post your event on area community calendars such as The Mokena Messenger website, Patch.com, etc.
- Create a flyer. Hand it out to friends, family, current customers and businesses. Ask businesses near you to display a stack of flyers for your event. Email the flyer to the Chamber Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include it on our weekly update E-Newsletter Blast.
- Have fun. Your Business After Hours may be the first time some people have ever been to your business. Consider door prizes, giveaways, discounts on products and services, or offer items that will encourage your guests to become customers. Please keep in mind most attendees will be coming from work, so light refreshments are encouraged to be provided by the business hosting the Business After Hours. Refreshments are always a great way to get people relaxed so that great networking can happen!
If you have any questions, please contact the Mokena Chamber of Commerce at 708-479-2468